Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mongrr Metal Update 7/27/2011


Five Finger Death Punch, has a new single that was released yesterday. You can stream it here. I really like this track. I have always liked FFDP, but I've always thought they were holding back a bit. The band seems to have a lot of talent, but it's almost like they're putting a throttle on it for mainstream media's sake.

I'm glad to see that with this single, and now that they've achieved a good measure of popularity, they're starting to let loose a little more. You can see Ivan Moody's Motograter side showing a bit with this track... and I think it's a step in the right direction.

For those of you who have never heard Motograter here's their most popular single...




COLD is also back together again, and released a new album since I updated last. The album is entitled Superfiction, and is more reminiscent of A Different Kind of Pain than it is of 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage... which, while disappointing (to me), wasn't unexpected. The album is decent, just a little slower than I was hoping for. I am glad that COLD is back together though, as they were at one point my favorite band (until they broke up). Scooter Ward, in my opinion, will always be one of the most talented and unique vocalists around.

I'll try to update more often going forward.

1 comment:

  1. I heard the new FFDP track today and loved it. They've came to Evansville twice in the past with Disturbed and I've missed them both times because I just couldn't make it. Hopefully they will come again. I believe their drummer or one of them is from here. (Evansville)

    ReplyDelete